Delivering Real-World Results
A support eco-system for student-driven ideas
- Media & Digital Arts
- Tech & Startups
- Sciences & Ecosystems
- Apps, Robotics, Code & Engineering
What is Connected Learning?
The Connected Learning Initiative at CIS is a support mechanism for students to incubate and deliver scalable ideas to the community within the space of a year. The initiative supports student-driven ideas in the STEM and digital arts categories.
Qualifying ideas must meet specific requirements to be accepted:
- Generated as a result of a real problem,
- Inclusive of local and other non-CIS students,
- Inclusive of Chinese and English language,
- Take the shape of a project, a product, a service or an organisation,
- Generate community impact,
- Be left behind as a legacy that other students can use and grow,
- Inclusive of advisors and mentors from our Alumni and Career Counselling organisations.
These are some of the projects that have been or are being worked on by CIS students, aged 13-18, with their peers from both local and international schools.
Industry Insight Talks (ONgoing)
SCIENCE DINNER SERIES (ONGOING)
Communities DEVELOPMENT LAB (ONGOING)
Student Startup Tech Conference (28 May 2016)
BEIJING TECH CAMP (SUMMER 2016)
ENGINEERS-IN-RESIDENCE (FROM AUG 2016)
Student-Built Coding Academy for Primary Students (From Aug 2016)
Science Ecosystem: Building an Aquaponic Garden for the Community (FrOM SPRING 2016)
FIND OUT WHAT
LOCAL SCHOOL PARTNERS
TECH & ENGINEERING PARTNERS
Here are a few of the schools, companies, and organisations we have worked with. Check back often because the list is always growing.