CIS-CBS Venture for All
Applications opening soon!
Chinese International School
- Columbia Business School (CBS)
“Venture for All”
Summer Entrepreneurship Program
15-20 JUNE 2020 - 9AM-4PM
For CIS students in Year 9 and up
Must have completed Year 9 by the time of the program
Program capacity: minimum 20 to maximum 35 students
Up to 3 complimentary places also available for CIS faculty professional development
- To provide a world class program to inspire and educate CIS kids on new venture creation
- To promote entrepreneurship culture at CIS
What is Venture for All?
Columbia Business School’s Venture for All® is a global initiative for talented students and professionals who seek to develop the entrepreneurial mindset needed to succeed in the classroom or business world.
Since 2011, CBS has been thoughtfully designing Venture for All® classes to guide students in locations around the globe through the steps necessary to create, develop, and launch innovative programs, products, and ventures.
The program uses a proprietary sequence of modules and tools to support the development and launch of your new venture idea.
- Taught by CBS VFA faculty
- With 1-2 teaching assistants
Meet A CBS VFA PROFESSOR
PROF. DAN MCQUADE IS A TYPICAL MEMBER OF THE CBS VFA FACULTY
Dan was one of the best teachers I’ve had to date... someone with real life experience and who knows how to teach and inspire.
I learned to create a formal business plan. (Although, I have tried before during my business competition, the plan that we create is pretty simple.)
See more student testimonials
This will be a "hands-on" course focused on development, testing and validation of new business models.
At the highest level, students will come away with clear answers to the following questions:
- What are common challenges to venture creation and how these can be mitigated through thoughtful business model development?
- How to develop a business model to test your assumptions about product offerings and market demand?
- How to create an effective interview protocols and surveys to help validate your assumptions on customer problems (pain points), solutions, and benefits (expected gain).
- How do you assess your competitors’ business models in order to build best practices as well identify areas for differentiation for competitive advantage?
- How to develop a minimal viable product in order to gain additional feedback on critical product performance features.
- What metrics are critical to measure and validate business model assumptions?
Dr. Kelly Grogan
Head of Innovation and Staff Learning, CIS Primary
Applications For 2020 OPENING SOON!
To be contacted when more information is released regarding future programmes, click here.
- includes all materials
- includes lunch
- Partial and full scholarships available
- Please indicate interest on application form
- Will need to demonstrate financial need
- Design Thinking
- Opportunity Identification
- Business Model Development
- Customer Discovery
- Value Proposition
- Key Influencers
- Early Product Design
- Start-Up Metrics
A Certificate of Completion will be issued
To be contacted when more information is released regarding future programs, please email