CIS-CBS Venture for All
Programme open to any student attending school in Hong Kong.
Chinese International School
- Columbia Business School (CBS)
“Venture for All”
Summer Entrepreneurship Program
New DATES: 7-13 AUGUST - 9AM-4PM
(Break on 9 AUG)
For students in Year 9 and up
Must have completed Year 9 by the time of the program
Program capacity: minimum 20 to maximum 35 students
Up to 3 complimentary places also available for CIS faculty professional development
- To provide a world class program to inspire and educate CIS kids on new venture creation
- To promote entrepreneurship culture at CIS
What is Venture for All?
Columbia Business School’s Venture for All® is a global initiative for talented students and professionals who seek to develop the entrepreneurial mindset needed to succeed in the classroom or business world.
Since 2011, CBS has been thoughtfully designing Venture for All® classes to guide students in locations around the globe through the steps necessary to create, develop, and launch innovative programs, products, and ventures.
The program uses a proprietary sequence of modules and tools to support the development and launch of your new venture idea.
- Taught by CBS VFA faculty
- With 1-2 teaching assistants
See VFA in Action @CIS
Meet A CBS VFA PROFESSOR
PROF. DAN MCQUADE IS A TYPICAL MEMBER OF THE CBS VFA FACULTY
Dan was one of the best teachers I’ve had to date... someone with real life experience and who knows how to teach and inspire.
I learned to create a formal business plan. (Although, I have tried before during my business competition, the plan that we create is pretty simple.)
See student testimonials From CIS 2019 Session
This will be a "hands-on" course focused on development, testing and validation of new business models.
At the highest level, students will come away with clear answers to the following questions:
- What are common challenges to venture creation and how these can be mitigated through thoughtful business model development?
- How to develop a business model to test your assumptions about product offerings and market demand?
- How to create an effective interview protocols and surveys to help validate your assumptions on customer problems (pain points), solutions, and benefits (expected gain).
- How do you assess your competitors’ business models in order to build best practices as well identify areas for differentiation for competitive advantage?
- How to develop a minimal viable product in order to gain additional feedback on critical product performance features.
- What metrics are critical to measure and validate business model assumptions?
Dr. Kelly Grogan
Head of Innovation and Staff Learning, CIS Primary
- Information Request (If you would like to be contacted when new information is released regarding the CBS camp, please provide your information. )
- Students attending any school in Hong Kong are eligible to apply.
- Early Bird discount of $1,000 for applications received by May 20.
- Application deadline: 8 June.
To be contacted regarding future programmes, click here.
The current plan is a full in-person class at CIS. If the CBS professor cannot come to HK to teach the class in person, there will be a backup option with the class conducted through virtual learning facilitated by CIS teachers on site at CIS. A discounted rate will be offered in this case.
- HK$25,000 (less $1,000 for Early Birds)
- includes all materials
- includes lunch
- Partial and full scholarships available
- Please indicate interest on application form
- Will need to demonstrate financial need
- Design Thinking
- Opportunity Identification
- Business Model Development
- Customer Discovery
- Value Proposition
- Key Influencers
- Early Product Design
- Start-Up Metrics
A Certificate of Completion will be issued
To be contacted when more information is released regarding future programs, please email: