Chinese International School PTA Limited (CISPTA - you will hear us referred to as SISS- puh-tah) consists of all parents and guardians with a child at the school, in addition to full- time faculty and school management. CISPTA is governed by a General Committee (GC) that consists of 14 elected parents and each member is elected to a two-year term.
The mission of CISPTA is to
build a vibrant and cohesive community among CIS families, which in turn
will help complement and enhance
our children's school life experience.
To fulfill the mission, CISPTA promotes and facilitates open communication between parents and the school administration and encourages parent volunteerism in all areas of school life.
We are established for the purposes set forth below:
- To support CIS in its efforts to provide high-quality education;
- To build a strong sense of community within CIS among the Students, the Faculty, the School Management, the Board of Governors and Families of the Students;
- To facilitate communication and foster partnership among parents, the faculty, the school management and the Board of Governors;
- To support CIS in its efforts to realise its strategic vision and mission statement and to support its leadership in achieving the school’s objectives; and
- To provide a forum for expression of views of general interest to the students and the faculty, the school management, the Board of Governors and the parents. Please refer to CISPTA’s Articles of Association of more information.