CIS Giving & Annual Fund - OLD
Since 2009, the CIS Annual Fund has been the cornerstone of all CIS giving.
All CIS families are asked to support the Annual Fund every year.
Please consider the multi-year pledge option!
Does your employer match gifts? (See list below, or call us to check.)
Annual Fund Impact
Every student benefits in myriad ways.
> BENEFITS WHOLE SCHOOL
POSITIVE EDUCATION & WELL-BEING
> BENEFITS WHOLE SCHOOL
INITIAL 3-YEAR ROLL-OUT OF 1:1 LAPTOPS
> BENEFITTED YEARS 11, 12 & 13
TECHNOLOGY USED EVERY DAY IN PRIMARY
> HAS BENEFITTED ALL PRIMARY (ALSO YEARS 7, 8 ,9 & 10)
2015 RENOVATION OF RECEPTION CLASSROOMS
> HAS BENEFITTED RECEPTION, Y1, Y2 & Y3
- Year 13: Journalist Ian Johnson, Poet Omar Musa & Beijing Tech Camp
- Year 12: Playwright Haresh Sharma & Poet Zohab Khan
- Year 11: Filmmaker Ann Marie Fleming
- Year 10: Taiyuan Puppet Theatre
- Year 9: Painter Jiang Yu & Dance/Music Educator John Jacobson
- Year 8: Chinese- & English-learning Enhancements
- Year 7: Chinese Instruments Taster
- Year 6: Garage Band Expert Dr. Lee Cheng
- Year 5: Authors Lin Zhezhang & Ying Chan Compestine
- Year 4: Illustrator Yu Liqiong
- Years 3: Stop Motion Expert Cathy Hunt
- Year 2: Mathematician Dr. Pickle
- Year 1: Music Educator Estevao Marques
- Reception: Classroom Renovations
Please note that many initiatives have benefitted multiple year groups.
2018-19 Initiatives to be added
- Financial Aid Students (entering in Y8 or above)
- Financial Aid for Compulsory Trips
- Financial Aid for existing student families encountering difficulties
(availability highlighted in Board’s Annual Letter every year)
Click to see CIS before the Annual Fund
Who Approves Initiatives?
- The school Leadership Team establishes funding areas, with input from the Annual Fund Co-Chairs.
- Proposals for the Student Dream Fund, Faculty Fellowships and other specific initiatives are approved by the relevant Head of School. (Forms on Moongate)
- Requests for financial aid may be made to the Director of Finance & Business Administration.
Please note that donations are not accepted from prospective or applicant families.
Other Giving Opportunities
CIS families who would like to provide support beyond their Annual Fund donation, in order to give the school the greatest possible financial muscle to realise its long-range plans and ambitions for the benefit of students, are asked to contact Jennifer Wannenmacher in the Development Office, Tel 2512-5842, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also learn more about the Alumni Class Gift initiative.
Matching Gift Companies
Let us know if your employer is missing from this list!
- Bank of America
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
- The Capital Group Companies Charitable Foundation
- The Carlyle Group
- Goldman Sachs
- LGT Bank
- Och-Ziff Capital Management
- Sanford C. Bernstein HK Ltd.
- TPG Growth Capital (Asia) Ltd.
- T. Rowe Price
- UBS AG
- Wells Fargo
Room 725, next to L7 Cafe
We strive for transparency, accountability and dialogue. Please be in touch with Development staff or the Advocate Team if you have questions.