CIS Giving & Annual Fund
Annual Fund Impact
Since 2009, the CIS Annual Fund has been the cornerstone of all CIS giving.
All CIS families are asked to support the Annual Fund every year.
Every student benefits in myriad ways.
4 Key Areas
Initiatives Taking Place in 2018-19
Mar 17-30: Estevao Marques
Jan 14-19: Taiyuan Puppet Theatre
In progress/CompletedY11: Novelist Lailine Paull (Nov 12)
Rec, Y1, Y2: Author-in-Residence Matthew Cooper (Nov 6-7)
Y3, Y6, Sec: Paper Cut Artist-in-Residence Beatrice Coron (Nov 6-16)
Pri & Sec: Digital Artist-in-Residence Cathy Hunt (Sept)
- Kerry Grady: Responsive Classroom (Oct)
- Professor Chang Ji-Mei: Pri, Sec & HZ Chinese (Oct-Nov)
- Cathy Hunt: Digital Artist (Sept)
Examples by Year Level
Whole-School/Many Year Levels
- All Primary (plus Y7-10): Technology in Primary
- Y11, 12, 13: Initial 3-Year Roll-Out of 1:1 Laptops
Primary School Examples
- Year 10HZ: Beyond consultant Aaron Eden, Drama Studio fit-out*
- Year 10: Writer Jason Reynolds, Taiyuan Puppet Theatre*
- Year 11: Poet Zohab Khan, Writer Jason Reynolds, Filmmaker Ann Marie Fleming*
- Year 12: Journalist Ian Johnson, Poet Zohab Khan, Playwright Haresh Sharma*
- Year 13: Journalist Ian Johnson, Poet Omar Musa* & Beijing Tech Camp*
Please note that many initiatives have benefitted multiple year groups. * indicates an initiative prior to 2017-18.
Initiatives by Key Area
1. Learning & Teaching Excellence
Summer Faculty Fellowships
- Teachers participated in 27 Fellowships in Summer 2018
On Campus Teacher Training
- for Secondary Chinese, Math and English
- some become full teachers (e.g., Carolyn Lui, Alyssa Luo, etc.)
- All Pri: Zhang Baba, storyteller
- All Pri: Estevao Marques, music educator
- Y1-2: Cathy Hunt, digital artist (video)
- Y3 & 6 & Secondary: Taiyuan Puppet Theatre, shadow theatre techniques
- Y4 & 5: Wang Wenhua, writing specialist
- Y4-12: Beatrice Coron, paper cutting artist (video)
- Most year levels, plus individual sessions: Catherine Kautsky, pianist/music educator
2. Student Life
WELL-BEING & "POS ED"
- Ongoing work with Lea Waters and others
STUDENT DREAM FUND
- 2017 Sports Field Renovation
LIBRARY ENHANCEMENTVisiting Authors:
3. Design for Innovative Learning
- Technology in Primary
- Initial 3-year launch of Secondary laptops (2010-2013)
- Ongoing ICT Enhancements
- Ergonomic Classroom Furniture & Fittings
Click to see CIS before the Annual Fund
Please note that donations are not accepted from prospective or applicant families.
Other Giving Opportunities
CIS families who would like to provide support beyond their Annual Fund donation, in order to give the school the greatest possible financial muscle to realise its long-range plans and ambitions for the benefit of students, are asked to contact Jennifer Wannenmacher in the Development Office, Tel 2512-5842, email@example.com.
Also learn more about the Alumni Class Gift initiative.
Matching Gift Companies
Let us know if your employer is missing from this list!
- Bank of America
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
- The Capital Group Companies Charitable Foundation
- The Carlyle Group
- Goldman Sachs
- LGT Bank
- Och-Ziff Capital Management
- Sanford C. Bernstein HK Ltd.
- TPG Growth Capital (Asia) Ltd.
- T. Rowe Price
- Wells Fargo
Annual Fund Manager
We strive for transparency, accountability and dialogue. Please be in touch with Development staff or the Advocate Team if you have questions.