Year 10 (Hangzhou CIS)
Beginning from 2013-14, all students entering CIS spend Year 10 at Hangzhou CIS, a one-year academic and residential programme of the highest calibre in Hangzhou, China.
Please view the Hangzhou section of this website for full information about this unique opportunity to be part of a selective one-of-a-kind programme for Year 10/Grade 9 (ages 14-15). It combines daily study of Mandarin and firsthand experience with China's rich culture and contemporary society, with an academic programme conducted mainly in English and a diverse co-curricular programme.
CIS welcomes students entering in Year 10, who may either:
- be seeking to remain at CIS after the Hangzhou CIS year,
- or be seeking to attend CIS only for the Hangzhou CIS year.
Applicants in the 1st group should refer to the Years 7-13 page for admissions details.
Applicants in the 2nd group should also refer to the link above, but note these differences to the admissions process:
- the Online Application form is slightly different;
- the application fee is HK$780 (US$100), rather than HK$2,000 (US$280);
- the Entrance Assessment (written tests and language interview) is the same;
- admission to CIS only for the Hangzhou CIS year does NOT qualify the admitted student for ongoing admission at CIS for Year 11 and beyond.
Reception & Primary Applications
Tel: (852) 2512-5988
Tel: (852) 2512-5915
Chinese International School
1 Hau Yuen Path
Hong Kong SAR, China