What aspect of CIS's vibrancy captures your attention?
Head of School's Welcome
I invite you to step into our warm, welcoming community of learners.
As our school song says in two languages, “We come from the East, we come from the West, we learn from each other, and that way is best. 我們來自東方，我們來自西方，互相學習，相得益彰.”
These words from our modest, but well-loved school song remind us on a daily basis that we are first and foremost a community of learners and that all learning at CIS is woven from cross-cultural and dual-language strands.
This was the vision put in place some thirty-five years ago by the three forward-looking women who founded CIS. In their vision, we continue to find the qualities of both stability and innovation that are the hallmarks of CIS:
- We take pride in our stable student and teacher body. One-third of each graduating cohort has in recent years been at CIS since the age of four, while the average tenure of teachers and support staff is nine years.
- We take pride in our ground-breaking dual-language curriculum, which in recent years we have enriched with Hangzhou CIS, Positive Education, CIS-MIT STEAM camp, a programme of financial aid, and a range of Connected Learning initiatives.
- We take pride in the generous support we are able to extend our staff, so that they may continually seek professional growth and in turn nurture students to strive for the lofty ideals expressed in CIS’s mission statement.
- We take pride in our alumni whose trajectories beyond CIS demonstrate again and again that CIS has prepared them to make a difference in the world. On a regular basis, they also return to school to share their wisdom with the latest generation of students.
I invite you to get to know our community and consider how you might join our ranks - whether as a student, parent, member of staff, volunteer or friend.
Interim Head of School
"I Am Li Bin"
- Rethinking "Spare the Rod & Spoil the Child" | 2018.03.16
- We Are Much More Than Box-Tickers | 2018.03.02
- The Whole Year Must Be Planned For In Spring | 2018.02.02
- The Sun You Can Touch and Kiss | 2018.01.19
- Ring Out the Old, Ring in the New | 2018.01.05
- CIS United | 2017.12.01
- Phones Down, Heads Up! | 2017.11.17
- We Are CIS | 2017.11.03
- Three Points Are Worth More Than Two | 2017.10.06
- Let’s Read Together! | 2017.09.22
- Strength in Unity | 2017.09.08
- Looking Back & Looking Forward | 2017.08.25
- Welcome to the New School Year | 2017.08.16
Li Bin is serving as Interim Head of CIS in 2017-18. She previously served as Deputy Head of CIS for ten years during which time her responsibilities included oversight of the Chinese programme within the school’s dual-language context. She also played a major role in establishing Hangzhou CIS. A native of Beijing, Ms. Li earned her BA and Postgraduate Certificate from Capital Normal University in Beijing and MA from University of Bath.
Before joining CIS, Ms. Li was Asia-Pacific Regional Manager for the International Baccalaureate Organisation’s Middle Years Programme, based in Singapore, and Director of the International Section and a teacher of both English and Chinese as second languages at Beijing No. 55 High School.