The CIS campus has been undergoing a transformation!
Planned or recently completed are:
New 10-Story Tower, with:
- new Science & Technology hub, uniting the sciences, design, technology and the visual arts around an Atrium,
- two gymnasiums (one convertible to Assembly Hall seating 800+),
- fitness room and outdoor climbing wall,
- classrooms, faculty and staff offices.
New Whole-School Cafeteria & Cafeteria Annex
- located next to to the basketball court for easy access and for use as a gathering space outside of mealtimes.
New Whole-School Library
- faces the Moongate for easy access,
- beautifies the campus,
- puts the learning values of "library" front and center at CIS.
Both Primary and Secondary are gaining significant space.Please note that Phoenix Soaring is planned as a campus upgrade, not as a measure to enlarge the student body.
Phoenix Soaring is being made possible in large part through donations from current and former families.
Many opportunities to sponsor fantastic new and renovated classrooms and other facilities are still available. Please contact the Development Office for more information, phoenixsoaring (+@cis.edu.hk), Tel 2512-5842.
Current families may log in to Moongate to view a list of available facilities with donation amounts.
We gratefully acknowledge all our donors to date, especially alumni who have stepped forward to make up half of all donors. Find out more about the Alumni Class Gift initiative.
Annual Fund or Capital Campaign ?
CIS asks all families to participate in the Annual Fund every year to provide critical program support, and encourages those families willing to go further to consider a gift to the Phoenix Soaring campaign, which is transforming the CIS campus.
The Phoenix is the school mascot, so we've called this effort "Phoenix Soaring"
A key feature of Phoenix Soaring is the wide variety of new meeting and gathering spaces, including:
- Glass-walled "pods" for Primary,
- Glass-walled "pods" and break-out spaces on every level of the New Tower Atrium,
- Seating and story-telling areas in the Library,
- Communal offices for Secondary faculty and administrative staff.
Newly available or more accessible large, multi-use spaces include:
- Cafeteria Annex,
- Atrium extension in Block 1,
- New Tower Foyer,
- New Tower Mezzanine.
All these spaces are designed to facilitate the kind of personalised and collaborative learning that CIS fosters both in and out of class time.